- Membership to the scheme is voluntary to all Sacco members only.
- Entry is by registration/ filling a form
- Withdrawal can happen at any time and member forfeits benefits and premiums paid thereof
- Re - admission to the scheme will be free
- Annual premiums shall be Kes.3,100, Kes.6,100 or Kes.9,200 either by check off system, M-Pesa, Bank Transfer or by Cash.
- Sacco will pay premiums for members who don’t have cash and allow 6 months interest FREE instalments i.e. Kes.517, Kes.1017 & Kes.1,533 respectively for the 3 categories.
BENEFITS TO MEMBERS
SHOULDER OF SOLACE CLAIM PROCESS
If the notification is via email, it is printed and circulated for claim by receiving Sacco officer
Ensure all the relevant documents required for membership application were provided and premium paid. Otherwise attach them to claim documentation.
Submit claim supporting documents. The following MUST be attached;
- Executed Benefit Claim Form.
- Certified copy of Original Burial permit.
- Claimant’s Identification Document (ID) and/or Deceased’s Surrender of ID letter.
- Copy of Police Abstract for Accidental Deaths.
Acknowledgement of receipt of all documents and processing of claim within 48 hours following time of receipt of the full documentation.
The Cheque shall be drawn in principal’s favor.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Provide a Burial Permit or Funeral gathering permit
For children - Birth certificates
For those above 18 - copy of deceased ID & Members ID copy
Waiting period: : (This is the period between joining and making the first claim)
- Natural death:
i) Member spouse and children - 1 month
ii) Nuclear family: 2 months
- Accident: No waiting period
Premiums are paid and renewed annually through cash or installment free payments
Any member who moves from lower tier of premium to a higher tier must top up contributions.
If a member wishes to withdraw from the scheme and stops contributing, all the contributions made earlier will be forfeited.
In case of claim the member must fill in a claim form.
Maximum entry age of a principal member and spouse is 70
Maximum entry age for parents and parents in law is 85 years
- For payment of premium: Pay Bill 911200, under account no: put your ID number followed by word SOS eg. 123456SOS. Mpesa charges apply
- For repayment of Shoulder of Solace loan, Pay Bill 911200. Under account number, put your ID number followed by word SOL. Mpesa charges apply