Membership to the scheme is voluntary to all Sacco members only.
- Entry is by registration/ filling a form.
- Withdrawal can happen at any time and member forfeits benefits and premiums paid thereof.
- Re - admission to the scheme will be free
- Premium can be paid by check off system, M-Pesa, Bank Transfer or by Cash.
- A 6 months interest FREE SOS loan is available to members who do not have cash.
BENEFITS TO MEMBERS
SHOULDER OF SOLACE CLAIM PROCESS
- Certified copy of Original Burial permit/Hospital bills/mortuary receipt.
- Claimant’s Identification Document (ID) and/or Deceased’s Surrender of ID letter.
- Copy of Police Abstract for Accidental Deaths
Acknowledgement of receipt of all documents and processing of claim within 48 hours following time of receipt of the full documentation.
The Cheque shall be drawn in principal’s favor.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Cover applies to Principal Member, spouse, biological children, and biological parents and parents in-law. Cover maybe extended to adopted children subject to proof of legal adoption.
- Cover commences once the premium is paid in full and all the documentation submitted.
- Waiting period is 30 days for the nuclear family and 60 days for parents & parents in-law, from the date of commencement of the policy and subject to payment of full premium. In case of natural death during the waiting period no benefit is payable.
- The policy lapses if it is not renewed after it expires.
- The aggregate maximum payable amount for a loss covered by multiple claimants on a shared parent is KES. 750,000 proportionate to the cover options taken by the claimants.
- For parents, only one claim is payable per cover period subject to reinstatement of premium except for accidental death (i.e. an event claiming more than one life).
- The maximum amount payable on the death of a child below the age of 10 years shall be KES. 100,000 provided by the Insurance Act. The policy lapses on the death of the principal member.
- In case of divorce or separation, notify the company in writing immediately.
- Fraudulent claims will not be processed.
- There is NO exit age. However, maximum benefit is KES. 300,000 for a member above 85 years under this policy.
- Members covered under this policy to fill a declaration form of good health when upgrading the cover. The new cover limit will be subjected to 3 months waiting period.
- Grace period of 30days allowed but in case of any claim within the period will be paid subject to payment of the outstanding premium.
- 5 Number of claims per year
- Pay Bill 911200, under account no: put your ID number followed by word SOS e.g., 123456SOS. Mpesa charges apply.
- For repayment of Shoulder of Solace loan, Pay Bill 911200. Under account number, put your ID number followed by word SOL. Mpesa charges apply.